- Just received an NSF award, supporting our work in macrocyclic polymer synthesis.
- MS student Scott Blackburn (BS Bloomsburg) has joined the group.
- Liz Carnicom is named a Beckman Scholar for 2013-2014, and she is accepted into our joint BS/MS program.
- Congratulations and best wishes to Andy and Carolyn, who recently got married and started graduate programs at University of Wisconsin.
- Recent MS graduates Scott Radzinski (Virginia Tech) and Phil Pickett (U. of Southern Miss.) have moved on to PhD programs.
Recent publications: (click here for full list)
Carnicom, E.M.*; Tillman, E.S. “Polymerization of Styrene and Cyclization to Macrocyclic Polystyrene in a One-pot, Two-Step Sequence” Reactive and Functional Polymers 2014, accepted 10.22.13
Carnicom, E.M.*; Coyne, W.E.*; Myers, K.D.*; Tillman, E.S. “One Pot, Two Step Sequence Converting Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization Directly to Radical Trap-Assisted Atom Transfer Radical Coupling” Polymer, 2013, 5560-5567.
Butcher, W.E.*; Tillman, E.S.; Radzinski, S.C.*; “Selective Formation of Diblock Copolymers Using Radical Trap-Assisted Atom Transfer Radical Coupling” Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 2013, 3619-3626.
Voter, A.F.*; Tillman, E.S.; Findeis, P.; Radzinski, S.C.*; “Synthesis of Macrocyclic Polymers Formed via Intramolecular Radical Trap-Assisted Atom Transfer Radical Coupling” Macro Letters 2012, 1, 1066-1070.
Pickett, P.D.*; Radzinski, S.C.*; Tillman, E.S. ”Probing the Effects of Pi-pi Stacking on the Controlled Radical Polymerization of Styrene and Fluorinated Styrene” Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 2012, 1, 156-165.
Radzinski, S.C.*; Tillman, E.S.; “Trapping Polystyrene Radicals With Nitrones: Synthesis of Polymers With Mid-Chain Alkoxyamine Functionality” Polymer 2011, 26, 6003-6010.
Butcher, W.E.*; Tillman, E.S. “Hydrogen Abstraction Followed by Nitroxide Mediated Polymerization: Synthesis of 2,7-Dibromofluorene-Labeled Polystyrene” Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics 2011, 212, 2224-2233.
Pickett, P.D.*; Tillman, E.S.; Voter, A.F.* ”Effect of Pi-pi Stacking on the Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization of Styrene” Polymer 2011, 52, 55-62.